Director, Business Development
Sales and Client Relations Services:
- Responsible for defining clinical, market, and business development strategies both in the US and on an international basis.
- Identify, source, and build a pipeline of ongoing and upcoming clinical studies from pharmaceutical companies, CROs, and biotechs.
- Analyze industry activity and develop the annual sales plan.
- Plan and implement monthly objectives from the sales plan, including budgeting of time and resources, and communication with staff, as appropriate, to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to create client value propositions.
- Achieve and maintain effective client relationships by designing and delivering powerful solutions-driven capabilities in collaboration with operations personnel.
- Effectively communicates Sponsor and CRO needs to cross-functional teams in support of RFI/RFP response generation.
- Lead bid defense prep and bid defense meetings.
- Coordinate study contracting needs with internal legal and operations teams.
- Meet or exceed quota expectations in sourcing studies from new and existing clients.
- Track and report sales metrics.
- Participate in conventions and other professional meetings.
- Perform other necessary duties as may be assigned by supervisor to meet customer’s needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in life sciences or clinical research industry serving in a Business Development or Operations function.
- Proven track record in building productive client relationships in the clinical research or health sciences industries.
- Familiarity with business development resources and tools to support client development activities effectively and efficiently.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving. Must be self-aware and curious, and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must be ambitious and able to work collaboratively. A successful candidate will be detail oriented with the ability to communicate with and build relationships.
- Must be flexible, able to manage short deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in decision-making and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions.