The Budget Negotiator supports Federal, State, commercial or privately funded research activities through research award management for the pre-award and post-award phases. The analyst negotiates study budgets for inclusion into site contract agreements for new awards, and negotiates and optimizes budgets and contract amendments for active studies. The analyst ensures accurate records are maintained and in compliance with system and institutional policies, practices and governing rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of budget negotiation experience.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving. Must be self-aware and curious, committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Must be ambitious and able to work collaboratively. A successful candidate will be detail oriented with the ability to communicate with and build relationships.
- Must be flexible, able to manage short deadlines & multiple priorities.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in decision-making and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency.